TEDxAdelaide Team brought to you the first TEDxAdelaideWomen event hosted at UniSA’s City West Campus.
Our inspiring speakers took you on a journey to the Space Between.
The program for the day:
Session One: Poverty and Plenty hosted by Pat Mitchell
The space between having a little and having a lot
- Gayle Tzemach Lemmon, Journalist, Author
- Malehlohonolo Moleko, Entrepreneur
- Musimbi Kanyoro, Advocate, Scholar
- Jacki Zehner, Investor, Philanthropist
- Emily Peal, Microfinance Leader
- Maya Azucena, Singer-Songwriter
Session Two: Yesterdays and Tomorrows hosted by Kate Pardey and Liam Darmody
The sorrows of yesterday are forgotten in the hope of a better tomorrow.
- Jenni Caruso, will shed some light on the Stolen Generations
- Carla Daunton, Three Minute Thesis Presentation on chronic wounds
- Monika Gajic, Lawyer
Session Three: Rising hosted by Kate Pardey and Liam Darmody
Success is defined as happiness and fulfilling your potential.
- Niki Vincent, CEO of the Leaders Institute SA
- Vanessa Picker, Young South Australian of the Year, Entrepreneur
- Cherie Hausler, Founder of Scullery Made Tea
Session Four: The Space Between hosted by Kate Pardey and Liam Darmody
Most of our lives take place in the space between.
- Grace Bellavue, Adelaide Escort
- Georgia Heath, will tell us Why Barbie is a Feminist?
- Rosie Jones, will share her personal story of becoming a woman
During breaks we were entertained by magicians, market holders, marveled at the delicious street food and explored your own perspective of the grey area.
TEDxAdelaideWomen was part of the global TEDxWomen hosted by Pat Mitchell and the Paley Center for Media which will be held on 30 November – 1 December in Washighton, D.C.